Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The End

Today was/is the last day of our tour. The Sunshine Coast 2011 Otesha tour is officially over! Its really sad, and hard to understand. Obviously it wasn't going to last forever, but where do we go from here? I am trying to figure that one out.

Awesome bathroom decorated with "garbage" at the recycle depot on Horby Island

It is really weird to no longer have 13 other beautiful, awesome, moody, passionate, hilarious females surrounding me and reminding me of why I live the way I live! Reminding me that I am not crazy for having the dreams that I have, and reminding me that anything really is possible. Its exciting to be independent again, but also hard. I didn't think it would be, but its hard to go to the grocery store and me able to choose ANYTHING to eat, because I no longer have a food mandate to obied by. Obviously I still have my values that control my choices, but I don't have 13 others to consider too. Its weird to think that tomorrow I wont wake up on the ground crammed into a small room with 13 other females sleeping head to toe all around me. Its weird.

View of the Ocean on a leisure rainy day bike ride on Hornby Island

But its part of the process. Its part of life to have ebbs and flows. So I embrace it. I am excited to have friends all over the country that I can call on when my strength falters. Who I can call on when I start to doubt myself. Who can call on me when they need someone too.

So whats next? Long term I am not sure. I have a number of things I am pondering over and will work towards making a reality, but there is nothing set in stone yet. Short term I am heading to Portland with a few other girls from the Otesha tour in a few days. I am excited, it will be a nice way to ease back into the world outside of Otesha.

No comments:

Post a Comment