Thursday, September 1, 2011

Otesha Tour Blog

If anyone is interested, there is going to be an Otesha blog for the tour I am going on, where the participants take turns posting updates about the experience/journey. If you want to be on the mailing list for these updates go to the link and subscribe!

Aside from that, my update today is that I leave for Vancouver tomorrow! The training week starts Saturday, but since we are meeting at 8am on Saturday I am spending friday night in Vancouver. I have my paneers mostly packed up, and every time I look at them I just can't believe that my whole life for the next 2 months can fit into these two small bags that STRAP ONTO MY BIKE!! I am sure I will get over this astonishment, but right now, ever time I look at those two little bags I am in awe.

My friend, who will also be on the tour (we only became friends after finding out we are going on this tour together!), and I went on a test run, fully loaded, 2 days ago and survived quite well. Although it lacked hills, we biked 60 km, and were barely phased, although somewhat tired at the end. So some of my faith in myself and my bike has been restored.

Well, I am off to bed, next time I write I will have started (and maybe finished) training week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment