Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Farm = Thinking and Quinces

Being in the same place, in nature, and somewhat un-busy causes one to stop and ponder a lot. Ponder what? Thats a good question, I am not really sure, I just feel like the past few days have brought a lot of thinking.

I am on a permaculture farm right now, lending a helping hand to the family that owns it...although really I just feel like I am eating there food and sleeping under their roof. There is not a lot of stuff to do outside (as one would expect being the start of winter), yet there is a lot of kitchen stuff, mostly food prep stuff concerning the large amount of quince I gathered from the tree yesterday. Whats one to do with all that quince? Some would even ask, what is quince? Quince, in my opinion is wonderful fruit in jams, crisps, etc., but one can only make so much jam. So, I am about to google those silly little quinces.

But back to thinking, I have been thinking a lot about life, why we are here living, what life brings, why we run around in circles chasing things, I don't know if I have come up with many (if any) answers, but I have become (for now) more comfortable with the presents of unanswered questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment